Candy Gift Boutique

Offering new product announcements, articles pertaining to the retail, gift basket business.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

What To Do When Sales Are Very Slow

Well from what I hear from my business email groups, alot of retail online stores are hitting a slump in sales this summer. I kind of expected it since everyone probably doing alot of outdoor activities and are not doing much stuff online. Alot of people who own their own businesses and are in a slump in sales start to get very discouraged and want to quit. Why do that? Fall will be coming and that is usually when sales start up again. I always believe in diversifying my abilities to doing other things. For instance, I do website maintenance, search engine submissions and web design on the 'side'. I love doing it. It relaxes me and keep my mind off of the sale slump. I also do more research on finding more unique gifts to add to my candy bouquet store.

There is alot of competition out there also that will affect sales. I try to offer and I emphasize 'try to offer' some bouquets that are not offered or not alot of sites are selling.

Those of you who run your own online store, what do you do to take your mind off of the slow sales? I am curious.

1 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger Chocolate Candy Making Recipes and Tips said...

I blog like crazy, create new recipes for my website http://www.anoccasionalchocolate.com and I also write fresh new articles for the website. I also go around and ask similar websites to link to me. I spend time on ebay listing things to sell there, and when they buy from me, I give them a small free gift and tell them to reorder at my website! I hope that helps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home